New RNG Revision

Speaking with a few folks I chat with regularly there ended up being some renewed demand for the Random Number Generator USB Sticks I had made a few years ago.

I didn’t have any of the original ones remaining, so I did a minor board revision to make them a little bit easier to assemble.

Once the new boards were assembled, I grabbed a bunch of them to start gathering data to test the quality, and tune the stick firmware, as well as the daemon software to get the fastest speed, and the best whitening possible.

It was nice to revisit this older project and give it some new life, as well as get a nice handful of them out to other folks who can get good use out of them. As always you can get a taste of their entropy for yourself via my Entropy Service.

This entry was posted in Electronics, Projects, Random. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.