I have made another revision to my ongoing cellular webcam project to include some improvements and lessons learned from revisions 1 and 2. In addition to attempting to reduce costs a bit.
Cost reductions mostly came from finding equivalent parts from other manufacturers that were priced lower. There were also a small bit of savings from some omissions of things I tested in version 2, but found to not add a lot of value.
The most visible and significant change being the addition of an IR illuminator, and IR capable camera, so illuminated images at night are possible, which will be interesting as I’ve seen weather changing significantly or large snow accumulations occur overnight when previous revisions could not see.
Now a finished revision 3 system has been placed, and I look forward to seeing the results and how well it performs over this winter.